Invisalign Treatment in Candia, NH
If you are an adult who has crooked or crowded teeth, the last thing you want to do is spend the next couple of years in metal braces. Fortunately, at Hillside Family Dental Care, we can offer you the convenience of Invisalign clear plastic aligners to comfortably straighten your teeth in as little as a year.
The Benefits of Invisalign
It's easy to make the mistake of thinking that your appearance is the only thing affected by crooked or crowded teeth. A crooked smile can eventually damage your oral health because crowded teeth make it difficult or impossible to clean properly, leading to tooth decay and gum disease. And this doesn't even touch on the way crooked teeth can make you feel about your appearance!
Invisalign clear braces offer beautiful results with little impact on your day-to-day life. Clear Invisalign aligners are made of a smooth plastic material that is nearly invisible on your teeth. In fact, no one has to know you are having treatment unless you tell them!
One of the things people like about Invisalign is that you can still eat all the foods you love. You can take the clear aligners out so just remove them before you eat and pop them back in when you are done! Invisalign treatment also involves fewer visits to the dentist for adjustments, so you can continue to live your life without the need for frequent dental appointments.
How Invisalign Works
The process of getting Invisalign braces can be broken down into five steps:
- The Consultation: The first step on your journey to a straighter smile is a consultation with Dr. Emily Pakula at our Candia, NH dental office. During the consultation, Dr. Pakula will perform a thorough exam to make sure that you are a good candidate for treatment with Invisalign.
- The Treatment Plan: We take the information we gather during the evaluation and work with you to develop a personalized treatment plan. This plan maps out how long treatment will take and details the exact movement of your teeth as you go through the process.
- Receiving Your Aligners: Based on the information we provide, a special lab creates a set of customized aligners. Since the aligners are made to fit the shape of your teeth, they fit comfortably against both your teeth and your gums.
- Switching to a New Set of Aligners: Every two weeks, Dr. Pakula will instruct you to switch the current set of aligners out for the next set as detailed in your treatment plan. Every time you change to the next set of aligners, you will actually be able to see the progress you have made just by looking in the mirror.
- Showing Off Your New Smile: Once you are finished with the final set of aligners, all that is left for you to do is go out and show off that beautiful new smile!
Please Call to Arrange an Invisalign Consultation
Dr. Pakula is specially trained to provide Invisalign treatment, so you can be confident that you are in good hands. If crooked or crowded teeth are making you want to conceal your smile, give us a call. You will be surprised at how easy adult orthodontic treatment can be!