If you have a tooth that is damaged because of injury or decay, we need to protect it as soon as possible with a dental crown. Our goal is to do everything we can to preserve as much natural tooth structure as possible. A crown protects all sides of the tooth and may be recommended when there’s not enough tooth structure to support a restoration like a filling.
Some of the situations where a crown is an appropriate solution include:
- Restoring a tooth damaged by injury or decay
- Protecting a tooth after a large filling
- Reinforcing a tooth after a root canal procedure
- Functioning as the crown for a dental implant
- Restoring a tooth that is badly worn or cracked
- Serving as an anchor for a dental bridge
Dr. Emily Pakula will help you understand why a crown is necessary and what the procedure involves. She will recommend a crown only if it is the most sensible option available to protect your oral health.
If you have a damaged tooth and think you might need a crown to protect it, please call our Candia office to arrange an appointment. We will explain all your options and help you decide if a crown is right for you.